The Nonwovens Institute (NWI) offers a variety of employment opportunities for qualified candidates seeking to make in impact in an exciting and growing industry. Affiliated with and based on the Centennial Campus of North Carolina State University, NWI is a partnership among industry, government and academe. Please see below for details on our currently open positions.
NWI is seeking an experienced professional with capability in installation, maintenance and troubleshooting/repair of nonwovens lab, production and testing equipment. This position requires an individual who is capable in a variety of electronics tasks related to installation, maintenance, and repair of production and testing equipment. In some cases (<25%), this work will also include tasks related to the mechanical systems on the nonwoven equipment.
NWI is seeking a process technician to support the operation of lab and pilot nonwovens equipment, in development and manufacturing. Responsibilities will include:
- Safely operate lab and pilot equipment & vehicles with training.
- Work as part of lab and production team (typically about 5 people).
- Maintain lab equipment, lab cleanliness and organization.
- Participate in lab inventories, ordering supplies with training.
- Participate in careful equipment operation as part of a team – running development trials and/or production trials for clients.
- Movement of materials and supplies between labs and warehouse/storage.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process are welcome to contact 919-515-3148 to speak with a representative at the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity.