The Nonwovens Institute offers custom developed equipment and software as well as commercially proven technologies to bring together unique and unrivaled solutions. NWI has the capability to measure a fiber morphology, uniformity, ODF; perform texture analysis; perform SEM, AFM, XPS, and TOF-SIMS analysis through cooperation with AIF, NCSU.
If you have questions or would like to discuss a custom project, please send an email to NWI questions.
Some Unique Capabilities
- Bright Field-Polarization Microscopy
- Interference Microscopy
- Stereomicroscopy with Fluorescent capability
- Optical Fiber Orientation Analysis System
- Optical Texture Analysis System
- Optical Fabric Uniformity System
- Optical Fuzz & Pilling Analysis System
- 3D DVI Imaging
- Full line of Image Analysis Software